Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sun., June 29: NEMO IS UP AND FLYING HIGH!

Okay, I'm really tired and don't feel like writing this blog, but I just had to share the GREAT news. We used the silicone sealant on Nemo yesterday at 3pm and had to wait 24 hours for it to dry. This afternoon we (Craig and I) filled him up and so far so good!

We are going to launch him every 3 hours. Hopefully the winds will cooperate with us (need under about 16 knots at the surface).

Besides Nemo looking fit and ready to go, nothing that exciting happened today. Sundays are leftovers day so I had random things like: roasted potatoes, pizza, chicken sandwich, cucumber and tomato salad, goldfish (the cheddar kind).

One thing interesting that my friend Max told us today, "A 58 year-old woman was living undetected in a man's apartment closet for a year in Japan." Read this: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/05/30/2261056.htm

A few other things about today:
1. I accidentally threw my toilet paper in the toilet today and had to retrieve it...booooooo
2. My throat is getting sore
3. I realized there are a lot of English words that I didn't know existed (English not American English) when I got my butt kicked last night in Scrabble

I slept awesome last night. This morning I woke up sweating, which was a first.

No shower today. I'm thinking realistically Tuesday.

If you have any questions about Summit, feel free to ask them in the "Comments" below this post. I've had several people request more information about working on the traverse (Mom, Aunt Linda, Rob). Feel free to email your resume, but just to let you know...you CANNOT have a dance contest, drink and probably not paint your nails or knit while driving! haha. But don't let me discourage you!

Smell-oh-meter: 5...it's been one week since a shower

Current weather:
temp: 14F
wind chill: 2F

Take Care!

5 comments:

Linda M.... said...

No knitting that is a bummer. Maybe I can become a cook yall really eat good. FIVE days without a shower I am proud of you girl. Had a nice phone visit with Rob this afternoon the bathroom is finished. Be safe and remember the 4th of July this week are yall going to have fireworks.
xoxoxoxoAunt Linda

CallieG said...

Christine, It sounds like you are having a great time! I'm sorry your throat hurts, try gargling (sp?) with warm salt water. That always seems to help me! You are such a champ enduring those conditions with NO shower for days; I'm telling Rob that you need a spa day when you return!!

Miss you!
Callie

Elizabeth said...

Hey beannie...I was pretty surprized to hear the silicone sealant worked. Remember the Silver Bullit the one we pulled behind the Gator Hater? It ripped and I used silicone. We were never able to ride it again.

You haven't been to any LSU games, so why the sore throat. Did you yell too much during the gold game and scramble? Aren't you glad you like leftovers???? Plus if we sent in our resumes, Rob would beat me out....being a project engineer and all!Love, MOM

Christine Haman said...

Actually it's been seven days since a shower. Not sure if we will have fireworks for the 4th...probably would pollute our measurements. yall have fun and be safe!

i will definitely try gargling. thank goodness the medic is stocked...i have plenty of cough drops. YES! hint to rob it would be sweet of him to give me a spa day! ;)

don't worry mom, i didn't lose my voice, i think it's just the cold. we are glad the sealant worked because it was our last hope! and fortunately we won't be riding the balloon so hopefully it will hold out!

Christine Haman said...

aunt linda please come cook for us! we can have floor steak and drink manhattans!!! :)