Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mon., July 7: We WILL Prevail!!!

So what if the winch cannot be fixed here at Summit? We are going to manually crank that winch tomorrow during the DC-8 fly over, and we will succeed! Fly Nemo fly!

Otherwise things are good here...the other instruments are working (well besides the problems we had with the datalogger, but I figured out that the data drives needed to be reformatted!), I am sleeping great, and still really enjoying getting to know the other scientists and staff.

After two weeks at Summit, there is only one thing that annoys me: no toilet paper in the toilet. This is because I always forget and have to dig it out! Ugh!

So I took a shower tonight. For some reason I didn't feel as refreshed as before, but maybe that's just because I am use to it now.

Tonight we also played Trivial Pursuit! One of my favorite games! After two and a half hours, we finally got a winning team, Chris the medic and John on of the staff workers, although we did kind of help them out a bit because we were all ready for B-E-D!

Lunch: BBQ sandwich with chili, pickles, salad, tuna

Dinner: Buttery chicken, rice pilaf, salad, cottage cheese, pickles, apple pie

Smell-oh-Meter: 1...SO FRESH SO CLEAN!!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hey Beannie. Just as I am getting the knack of this whole blog thing, you are leaving. Maybe an extra week or two might be good. Have you considered the benefit of hanging there a while? No major housework, no meals to cook, no expensive gas to buy, temperature that you have grown to enjoy, showering just like college-once a week.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Today we are off to get cataract surgery for Grams. I have been tutoring two boys. It's been fun. It was a treat to get to talk with you on the Fourth of July via cell. Miss ya and are ya there yet?? Heart ya, MOM

Christine Haman said...

haha thanks mom. i don't know if i can last here much longer! just a little too remote for me!